Many major urban areas feel like crane forests these days. In Chicago, 42 high rises are under construction,1 and in the San Francisco Bay Area, the largest construction projects collectively cost $22 billion, more than the gross domestic product of 80 countries.2 Central Seattle is home to 66 major construction projects, with 4.5 million square feet of office space slated to open this year.3Read More
Review of the 2010 United States Fire Loss Clock:
- A fire department responded to a fire every 24 seconds.
- One outside fire was reported every 50 seconds.
- One structure fire was reported every 65 seconds.
- One home structure fire was reported every 85 seconds.
- One vehicle fire was reported every 146 seconds.
- One civilian fire injury was reported every 30 minutes.
- One civilian fire death occurred every 2 hours and 49 minutes.