Collaborate to solve complex problems. Leverage business stories to drive products forward. Become part of an innovative team. Do all this and more by joining WSRB as a Software Engineer. In this role, you’ll work on a cross-functional software product team and make a significant impact on the software and systems at WSRB.
Your primary responsibilities will include software development (creating, enhancing, troubleshooting, maintaining and testing) our Windows and web applications using .Net and other technologies. You will have latitude in developing solutions to complex problems and provide expertise in development and testing best practices and methodologies. You will work on a collaborative agile development team. In addition to your strong individual contributions, you will provide advice and assistance to team members, as needed, to help in continually improving the productivity and quality of the team.
Who you are:
- Enjoy seeing your efforts have an outsized impact on the business and our customers.
- Build high-quality production-ready code in an agile environment.
- Enjoy collaborating with product, designers and other engineers to solve complex technology and business problems.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration/delivery.
- Able to take business stories and work with your team to figure out what needs to be done to drive product forward.
- Motivated to develop cloud-native solutions with good design practices while finding opportunities to simplify and scale.
- Enthusiastically support a DevOps environment across the organization in the pursuit of becoming operationally better every day.
- Embrace change, always open to replacing what you built yesterday with something better today.
- Engineer, test, deploy and support complex, full-stack software applications.
- Demonstrate passion about design, observability and building platforms.
- Continuously learn about key trends and developments in the technology industry; incorporate emerging technology into your work.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years working on full-stack development.
- 1+ years working with React.js or AngularJS or similar frontend technologies.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design.
- 2+ years of experience building and deploying cloud-scale products in a professional capacity.