The Value of Your WSRB Subscription
Take a tour of everything you, your underwriters and your designated agents gain access to when you're a WSRB Subscriber
All insurance companies need data and information to underwrite and price policies and contract with customers, but most insurance companies don't have the resources to develop this data and information themselves. The six independent rating bureaus (including WSRB) and ISO exist to fill this gap.
When you subscribe to a bureau, you join your resources with those of other insurers, reducing your costs and benefiting from a larger pool of property risk data, information, and expertise. This model is similar, in many fundamental ways, to the concept of insurance itself.
If you're not already a WSRB Subscriber, fill out an application today.
As a WSRB Subscriber, you, your underwriters, and your designated agents all gain access to:
Time-tested, updated, and regulator-approved Forms and Rules
- WSRB Forms and Rules have been filed with and approved by the Washington State Office of the Commissioner (OIC). In fact, ISO and WSRB share the copyright for the Forms and Rules we file.
- Using WSRB Forms means your policy language accounts for the latest regulatory changes and legal challenges.
- Leveraging WSRB Forms and Rules saves your company time. Instead of spending time and resources crafting policy language and rules and managing the OIC filing process, your teams can focus on what drives value for your business.
Time-saving compliance services
- WSRB is the only organization authorized to submit fillings to the OIC on behalf of our Subscribers for property lines of insurance - you save time when we file for you.
- You can select which lines we file on your behalf for.
- We can assist you with how to adopt WSRB filings on your own. Our compliance team has in-depth knowledge of Washington's statutes and regulations to streamline your filing process. Contact us to learn more, get help or ask our compliance team a question.
- Your teams can get email notifications when we make a new filing. Simply have them sign up for Circular notifications.
- Your underwriters and designated agents have access to our Filings Library, with all the Forms, Rules, and Loss Costs we’ve filed with the OIC.
Loss Costs for specifically rated commercial buildings
- WSRB files Loss Costs with the OIC for all property lines of business, including Homeowners, Dwelling Property, Farm, Commercial Property, Businessowners, and Earthquake.
- For class-rated and specifically-rated buildings, our experienced commercial property analysts gather valuable information for your underwriting teams while saving them time. After we receive a property inspection request, one of our skilled analysts travels to the property and acts as your underwriters' eyes and ears, collecting information you can only get from an in-person visit.
- For specifically-rated buildings, the inspection data is translated into WSRB Loss Costs for the building, general contents and contents for each occupancy.
- Every year, we review loss data specific to Washington state and adjust our Loss Costs as necessary to ensure you're getting useful, accurate data.
Detailed, informative Commercial Property Reports
- WSRB Loss Costs and Commercial Property Reports (CPRs) give your team members objective, reliable information about the properties you're considering insuring.
- After an inspection, your underwriters receive the WSRB Loss Costs and a CPR that details construction and occupancy information, exposures, and automatic fire sprinkler systems.
- Reports include diagrams of the building, measured square footage, construction classification data, earthquake classification data, and images of the property and nearby buildings.
- For inspections conducted in May 2021 and after, CPRs include additional images of the property's exterior and, when possible, the interior. Your underwriters see an accurate, up-to-date picture of the property's condition.
- Inspections and CPRs are included in your Subscription fee; there’s never an additional charge to order a standard inspection.
Accurate, up-to-date Protection Class data for Washington state
- WSRB Protection Class (PC) data gives your team insight into the firefighting resources and capabilities available at every location in Washington state.
- Our team of highly trained professionals regularly visits and assesses every Washington state community using criteria that has been reviewed and approved by the OIC.
- Our proprietary algorithm and software system calculates the PC for each individual property in the state, factoring in proximity to a recognized, responding fire station and a standard hydrant.
- Our monthly updates account for new property development as well as for changes to stations and hydrants.
Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule data
- Gain deeper insight into the properties you're considering insuring and their ability to withstand natural disasters, including earthquake, wind and hail.
- WSRB analysts regularly evaluate and score every Washington state community on its building code enforcement.
- The resulting data, in the form of a simple Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS®) score, helps your teams improve the accuracy of your underwriting and pricing.
Flexible subscription options
- Customize your WSRB subscription level based on the data and information you use.
- Leverage our report of premiums process to maximize the value of your subscription.
- Contact us to learn more.
Efficient data-delivery methods
- You choose the fastest, easiest way for your team members to access WSRB data.
- A WSRB API feeds our data directly to your policy management system in the format that works best for you. Contact us to learn more about setting up a WSRB API.
- Our website lookup is perfect for individual address searches.
- A book review gives you data on a set of addresses you provide all at once, with a quick turnaround time. Contact us to learn how to request a book review.
Easy access to the answers you need
- Your team members can get answers to their questions from our friendly, knowledgeable Product Solutions teams Monday through Friday by email or phone at 206-217-0101.
- Our Help Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer common questions about using our products.
- Our blog helps your underwriters make the most of our products and keeps them updated on emerging and evolving risks.
Additional benefits and new tools
Our wholly owned subsidiary BuildingMetrix leverages data and geospatial tools to help you underwrite property more effectively and efficiently. The Risk Assessment Suite offers an expanding list of tools, available to WSRB Subscribers free of charge.
- Book reviews covering emerging and evolving risks:
How close are legal cannabis businesses to properties you insure or are considering insuring? Find out fast so you can make an informed underwriting decision and clearly see your concentration of risk.
Understand key risk factors for the growing threat of wildfire so you can underwrite and price appropriately. Get a clear picture of your concentration of risk so you can more easily prepare for reinsurance reviews.
Hemp is now legal at the federal level, but it still comes with significant risks, including explosion and theft. Find out if a property you insure is a hemp grower or processor and take action — before a claim is filed.
Designed to help principals grow their agencies by making cross-selling earthquake coverage easier than ever. Also offers valuable insight for underwriters because earthquakes are a major risk factor for fire.
As demand grows for long-term home care, more and more licensed adult home care facilities could be making their way into your book of business. With our data, determine your exposure and ensure your customers get the coverage they need.
There are nearly 80,000 federally licensed firearms dealers in the United States. Uncover firearms sellers in your book of business in order to make effective underwriting decisions.
Vape is a new and emerging risk that brings with it unknown ramifications. As the industry continues to grow, manage your exposure to tackle potential hiccups down the road.
The environmental devastation and detrimental health impacts of leaking chemicals can become large costs to insurers and their customers. Unearth UST risk that may be hiding in your book.
URM buildings lack tensile strength, making them prone to collapse, especially in earthquake-prone regions. Targeting properties in your book empowers you to make insightful underwriting assessments.
- New risk-assessment tools that give your underwriters and agents address-specific data on wildfire and earthquake risk.
- Geospatial expertise and technology to help you visualize and manage your concentration of risk.
- To learn more about these tools and how to access them, contact us.